Thursday, August 12, 2010

Adios, Porteños

Alas.

I´m typing this in a Locoturio (internet cafe, not source of craziness) in San Telmo, a few hours away from my flight to Miami. Which will be five hours longer than usual this year, but it´s been worth it.

Goodbye, Buenos Aires. Goodbye, Ayres Porteños, the enormous, loud, garishly coloful but somehow endearing hostel that has been home base for the past two weeks. Final Submarino has been quaffed, last museum visited. So far, I´ve avoided in stepping in the ubiquitous piles of dog crap that are almost as emblematic of this city as tin roofs and tango, but it´s a walk back to the hostel, so there´s still time.

BA is an amazing place, and I have barely touched my toes on the surface of the universe that is Argentina. Reciprocity visa lasts for ten years after purchase: I´m hoping to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment